Please join NYDLC in Westchester as we celebrate voting rights this holiday season and say THANK YOU in person for all of the time, expertise, and resources you have committed to our pro-voter advocacy, election monitoring, and civic engagement initiatives this past year.
Together, we will continue the inter-generational fight for the fundamental franchise--what civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis affectionately calls "the most powerful non-violent tool we have".
All members are welcome to attend and are encouraged to invite like-minded friends and colleagues who may be interested in our mission. 2018 is a new year and our work is more important than ever before.
- ~ Admission is free! (rsvp below)
- ~ Suggested Holiday Party Contribution: $20.18
- Supports NYDLC's 2018 Congressional and State Senate Red-to-Blue Voter Protection Fund (after you RSVP)
- ~ Feeling Extra Generous? Contribute $20.18 and Make it Monthly for 2018!
- A (recurring) contribution that helps power our VoterPro efforts all year long (after you RSVP)
175 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10601
Google map and directions
Below you can access and download NYDLC's 2017 Voter Protection Materials.
The Statewide voter protection hotline/boiler # is 866-NYDLC-01 (866-693-5201). Poll watchers should primarily call the boiler room contact/phone number included in their Election Day poll site assignments.
- Westchester Incident Report Form (for 11/7/17)
- Nassau County Incident Report Form (for 11/7/17)
- NYC and rest of NYS Incident Report Form (for 11/7/17)
- NYDLC (paper) Incident Report Form (for backup use only if above online form fails)
- NYDLC (digital) General Observation Form (for 11/7/17)
- NYDLC (paper) General Observation Form (for backup use only if above online form fails)
The polls will be open statewide from 6AM-9PM. There are 3 questions on the back of the ballot.
Your support makes it possible for us to produce these resources and make them available to the public. Supporting NYDLC in the Spring and Summer will allow us to help Protect the vote for Democrats in the fall. Contribute Today.
Attend NYDLC's next Steering Committee Meeting! RSVP below
NYDLC's Steering Committee sets the platform and agenda for all of our projects and initiatives. The Steering Committee meeting is open to all members who would like to be more involved or to those who are new to NYDLC and would like to find out more about our work. At each meeting, we hear reports from our Committee Chairs and plan for the months ahead, so this is a great way to find out what we are working on and identify a few key ways you can #BeTheChange!
Dial-in option: If you are unable to attend in person, you are welcome to join by phone.
RSVP below and you will be emailed dial-in credentials.
All NYDLC members are welcome to attend: To Join NYDLC as a member, please click here. (NYDLC always provides up to a 100% exemption policy for those unable to pay).
The New York Democratic Lawyers Council (NYDLC) is a coalition of lawyers and voting rights advocates dedicated to fostering universal participation and trust in the electoral process by ensuring that:
- 1. All eligible persons can register to vote easily;
- 2. All registered voters are able to vote conveniently, fairly, without intimidation;
- 3. All voters are counted accurately and all voting systems are open and reliable.
New to NYDLC?
Click here to View our 2016 Year in Review.
30 Rockefeller Plz
New York, NY 10112
Google map and directions
NYS Assembly Passes Pro-Voter Legislative Package—Time for the State Senate to Prioritize Voting Rights for all New Yorkers
The NYS Assembly passed several voting reform bills this week that would modernize New York elections and make voting more convenient for millions of busy New Yorkers—but only if the State Senate leadership is compelled to prioritize fundamental voting rights before the end of the 2017 Legislative Session in June. Join NYDLC's 2017 New York State Pro-Voter Call to Action today to get involved.Read more
NEW YORK – The New York State Budget enacted over the weekend (April 9-10) included several bold new initiatives and much-needed reforms, but failed to include critical election law reform proposals.Read more
The New York Democratic Lawyers Council (NYDLC) is calling on all New Yorkers who support protecting voting rights and modernizing our elections to take action by making 11 phone calls to key New York lawmakers every day until the April 1st state budget deadline, and to encourage those in their networks and other like-minded groups to ask their members to do the same.Read more
On August 23, NYDLC’s Executive Director Jarret Berg, Brooklyn NAACP President L. Joy Williams, and Brennan Center Counsel Adam Gitlin joined Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer to discuss voting rights on Represent NYC.